Removing 29 dangerous and congested level crossings across our city and our suburbs.
Upgrading every single regional rail line in the state to connect our country communities.
And fixing and widening our suburban and regional roads to get people home to their families safer and sooner.
We’ve also kept our promise to end the ambulance crisis, rebuild our hospitals, and give our hardworking nurses and doctors the respect and recognition they deserve.
We’re building 70 new schools and upgrading 1,300 more, while ensuring families doing it tough get the support they need.
We’ve cut stamp duty to help first homebuyers break into the market, while making renting fairer and easier for tenants.
And because we want to make our state even safer, we’re recruiting 3,135 new frontline police officers and finally addressing our state’s number one law and order issue, family violence.
In every community and every corner of our state, we’ve been building and reforming Victoria – just like we said we would.
This Budget continues to deliver on our positive plan, beginning or acquitting all of the commitments we made to the Victorian people. That includes:
- $15.8 billion to fully fund the – finally making the missing link in our network a reality
- $6.6 billion to remove another 25 of our state’s most dangerous and congested , bringing our total commitment to 75 level crossings gone for good by 2025
- $3.4 billion to transform the suburban train network, delivering a massive upgrade to the Sunbury Line, Stage Two of the Hurstbridge Line and duplicating the Cranbourne Line
- $882 million to kickstart the rollout of three-year-old kinder for every Victorian child
- $1.6 billion to build, plan and expand our hospitals and local healthcare services, including kickstarting work on 10 new and upgraded Community Hospitals
- $136 million to deliver 500,000 extra appointments with medical specialists for patients in regional Victoria
- $64.4 million to support stronger patient ratios and deliver an extra 542 nurses and midwives in our hospitals
- $322 million to begin the rollout of free dental for students at our government schools
- $1.4 billion to keep building, upgrading and modernising improve schools across Victoria
- $132 million to continue our transformation of the TAFE system, with more modern facilities and more courses added to the list
- $214 million to ensure new parents have the support they need, with seven new parenting centres, extended sleep assistance and new baby bundles
- $545 million to expand and put the power back in the hands of Victorians, as part of a $1.3 billion investment over ten years
This is a Budget – and a Government – that keeps our promises and delivers for all Victorians.
Reviewed 24 May 2019